PEPPERL+FUCHS Recently Hot Sell Switch Amplifier KFD2-SOT2-Ex1.LB.IO Intrinsic Safety Barriers Isolated Barriers K-System
PEPPERL+FUCHS Switch Amplifier KFD2-SOT2-Ex1.LB.IO Intrinsic Safety Barriers Isolated Barriers K-System
Switch Amplifier KFD2-SOT2-Ex1.LB.IO
· 1-channel isolated barrier
· 24 V DC supply (Power Rail)
· Dry contact or NAMUR inputs
· Usable as signal splitter (1 input and 2 outputs)
· Isolated passive transistor output, non-polarized
· Isolated passive fault output, non-polarized
· Line fault detection (LFD)
· Reversible mode of operation
· Up to SIL 2 acc. to IEC 61508
This isolated barrier is used for intrinsic safety applications. It transfers digital signals (NAMUR sensors/mechanical contacts) from a hazardous area to a safe area.
The proximity sensor or switch controls two passive transistors for the safe area load. Both transistor outputs are isolated from each other and isolated from the power supply.
The normal output state can be reversed using switch S1. Switch S2 allows output II to be switched between a signal output and an error message output.
Switch S3 enables or disables line fault detection of the field circuit. During an error condition, the transistors revert to their deenergized state
and LEDs indicate the fault according to NAMUR NE44. A unique collective error messaging feature is available when used with the Power Rail system.